mess around(美国生活常用习语)

Pull over!把车子开到旁边。 Drop me a line!写封信给我。 Give me a ring. = Call me!来个电话吧! For here or to go?堂食或外卖。 Cool:That's cool! 台湾年轻...

美国生活常用习语,没事的时候多练练

Pull over!把车子开到旁边。

Drop me a line!写封信给我。

Give me a ring. = Call me!来个电话吧!

For here or to go?堂食或外卖。

Cool:That's cool! 台湾年轻人常用的口语"酷!",表示不赖嘛!用于人或事均可。

What's up? = What's happening? = What's new? 见面时随口问候的话"最近在忙什么?有什么新鲜事吗?"一般的回答是"Nothing much!"或"Nothing new!"

Cut it out! = Knock it out!= Stop it! 少来这一套!同学之间开玩笑的话。

Don't give me a hard time! 别跟我过不去好不好!

Get yourself together! 振作点行不行!

Do you have "the" time? 现在几点钟?可别误以为人家要约你出去。

Hang in there. = Don't give up. = Keep trying. 再撑一下。

Give me a break! 你饶了我吧!(开玩笑的话)

Hang on. 请稍候。

Blow it. = Screw up. 搞砸了。

What a big hassle. 真是个麻烦事。

What a crummy day. 多倒霉的一天。

Go for it. 加油

You bet. = Of course. 当然;看我的!

Wishful thinking. 一厢情愿的想法。

Don't be so fussy! 别那么挑剔好不好。

It's a long story. 唉!说来话长。

How have you been? = How are you doing? 你过得如何?近来可好?

Take things for granted. 自以为理所当然。

Don't put on airs. 别摆架子。

Give me a lift! = Give me a ride! 送我一程吧!

Have a crush on someone. 迷恋某人

What's the catch? 有什么内幕?

Party animal. 开Party狂的人(喜欢参加舞会的人)

Pain in the neck. =Pain in the ass. 眼中钉,肉中刺。

Skeleton in the closet. 家丑

Don't get on my nerve! 别把我惹毛了!

A fat chance. =A poor chance. 机会很小

I am racking my brains. 我正在绞尽脑

She's a real drag. 她真有点碍手碍脚

Spacingout = daydreaming. 做白日梦

I am so fed up. 我受够了!

It doesn't go with your dress. 跟你的衣服不配。

What's the point? = What are you trying to say? 你的重点是什么?

By all means = Definitely. 一定是。

Let's get a bite. = Let's go eat. 去吃点东西吧!

I'll buy you a lunch (a drink; a dinner). = It's on me. = My treat. 我请客

Let's go Dutch. 各付各的

My stomach is upset. 我的胃不舒服

diarrhea 拉肚子

吃牛排时,waiter会问"How would you like it?"就是问"要几分熟"的意思,可以选择rare,medium或 well-done。

I am under the weather. =I am not feeling well. 我不太舒服!

May I take a rain check? 可不可改到下次?(例如有人请你吃饭,你不能赴约,只好请他改到下一次。)

I am not myself today. 我今天什么都不对劲!

Let's get it straight. 咱们把事情弄清楚!

What's the rush! 急什么!

Such a fruitcake! 神经病!

I'll swing by later. =I'll stop by later. 待会儿,我会来转一下。

I got the tip straight from the horse's mouth. 这个消息是千真万确的(tip指消息)!

easy as pie = very easy = piece of cake 很容易。

flunk out 被当掉

take French leave 不告而别

I don't get the picture. =I don't understand. 我不明白。

You should give him a piece of your mind. 你应该向他表达你的不满。

hit the road = take off = get on one's way 离开。

Now he is in the driver's seat =He is in control now.

Keep a low profile (or low key). 采取低姿态。

Kinky =bizarre =wacky =weird 古怪的。

klutz (=clutz) =idiot 白痴、笨蛋。

know one's way around 识途老马。

lion's share 大部份。

tailgate 尾随(尤其跟车跟得太近)。

take a back seat. 让步。

take a hike =leave me alone =get lost 滚开。

hit the hay =go to bed 睡觉。

Can you give me a lift? =Can you give me a ride? 载我一程好吗?

green hand 生手、没有经验的人。

moonshine = mountain dew 指私酿的烈酒(威士忌)或走私的酒。胡说八道也可用moonshine。His story is plain moonshine.

chill out =calm down =relax(来自黑人英语)

rip off =steal:I was ripped off. 我被偷了;rip off 也常被用为"剥夺"My right was ripped off. 权利被剥夺(来自黑人英语)。

我们称美国大兵为G.I. (Government Issue) or GI Joe, 德国兵或德国佬为 Fritzor Kraut,称英国佬为John Bull,日本人为Jap.或Nip,犹太人为Jew都是 很不礼貌的称呼。

mess around (with)瞎混;Get to work. Don't mess around. 赶快工作,别瞎搅和。

snob 势利眼

sneak in, sneak out 偷偷溜进去,溜出来 sneakers 运动鞋

She is such a brown-nose. 她是个马屁精。

This is in way over my head. 对我而言这实在太难了。

I am an exam jitter and I always get a cramp in my stomach. 我是个考试紧张大师,一考试胃就抽筋。

Keep your study (work) on track. 请按进度读书(工作)。

Did you come up with any ideas? 有没有想到什麽新的意见?

  • 发表于 2022-12-04 17:08:41
  • 阅读 ( 145 )
  • 分类:科技

0 条评论

请先 登录 后评论
浏览:81
浏览:81

625 篇文章

你可能感兴趣的文章

相关问题